War Crimes: The Gross Gerau Incident

Discussion in 'Prisoners of War, MIA, & Internees' started by BMBazooka, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

You have met Dr. Susanne Meinl, our only Fliegermorde expert. I think when you looking for sources,then you must be to Susanne.

25Kingman49 and Traugott Vitz like this.
  2. BMBazooka

BMBazooka Active Member

Hello Mr. Vitz,
    I have published a short essay on the Gross Gerau case and will publish more next year.
    Do you plan to work with the NARA files?

25Kingman49, Traugott Vitz and Airwar like this.
  3. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

4. Traugott Vitz

Traugott Vitz New Member

I plan to work with whatever material I can lay hands on, PREFERABLY (of course) contemporary files from the War Crimes Investigation units, trial files (verbatim transcripts preferred) etcetera. I am aware that local historians may have unearthed meanwhile oral history which was not recorded during the time when the Occupation Forces were on the job. If such oral history recordings or essays such as yours become available to me, they will be treated like I was taught in university "Proseminar" i.e. with full credits for every quote I use or view I learnt from that source. I you want to know what this looks like when ready, have a look at http://www.kriminalia.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/The_Executioner_At_War.pdf
    This is a chapter from my book, translated into English.

5. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

page 174 & 175 Rosterg or Rostberg ??

6. Traugott Vitz

Traugott Vitz New Member

It's Rosterg. But of course when quotingfrom the book of someone else I had to quote what HE wrote.

7. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

8. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

9. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Traugott I read this chapter of your book, but found no information about the Fliegermorde who is mentioned in our threads.
    Its an delicate investigation what needs time and patience. Sources as the NARA, like Susanne is working with is nessasary to
    complete the whole story about the Fliegermorde. I wish you succes with your investigations. There is one rock on the beach
    and thats Susanne.