The last two ones...

Discussion in '460th BG - Spinnazzola' started by BMBazooka, Apr 26, 2017.

1. BMBazooka

BMBazooka Active Member

I sent the Morefields an e-mail.
    Need to have some hours sleep now.
    Thank you again.

2. BMBazooka

BMBazooka Active Member

The Morris trace is cold but I'll go again for it starting next week.
    I'd like to give you all a huge hug!
    John Olmos - 94! - sister has been .informed this weekend. I'll phone with her next week. Since I am not sure if they like it be discussed in an open forum I'll ask first before I go into detail. Among other things he had written a little diary till his last mission. So this will help to tell his story and the story of the enlisted men of the crew.
    And if I win in a lottery I'll interview his sister this year :D

Airwar likes this.
  3. BMBazooka

BMBazooka Active Member

I am really excited: After some preparations the family had done before informing John Olmos younger sister smoothly and careful about the whole story I'll call her this evening the first time.

4. BMBazooka

BMBazooka Active Member

Another step foreward: I am in contact with a relative of Roy Q. Morris widow.
    I got no mail back from one of the families and I'll be happy to get some of your successful and outstanding research help finding the families of Roy Q. Morris brothers and sisters.

Airwar likes this.
  5. RSwank

RSwank Well-Known Member

Susanne, this is the grave (with an obit) of Roy's sister. She appears as Marion M in the 1930 census data that Scott posted on the previous page.

Maxine:
    https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=100360862
    Maxine's husband Earl E Garrett:
    https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=35795656

I believe the daughter mentioned as Susan Garrett is also known as Susan Anderson Garrett or Gloria Susan Garrett. I will work more on this later.

This is the grave of Roy's sister Hazel.
    https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=38162187
    She married John L Garrett (brother of Earl E Garrett).
    https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=38162199

So we have the two Morris sisters, Maxine and Hazel, marrying two Garrett brothers , Earl and John.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
    25Kingman49, Airwar and BMBazooka like this.
  6. BMBazooka

BMBazooka Active Member

Rolland, thats a huge step forward! I try to reach out for one of the nieces but I was not lucky.
    With all your outstanding help it surely is a question of patience to find them. Huge family.

7. RSwank

RSwank Well-Known Member

Susanne, I updated my post above with info on the other sister, Hazel.

Here is the obit of John L Garrett, husband of Hazel. Contains some more leads on nieces.
    (Update: found obits for both the nieces mentioned in the obit below.)

John L. Garrett: Ex-Senator, Commission Member Dies

Former state senator and Oklahoma Tax Commission vice chairman John L. Garrett died Wednesday night in Ponca City after a sudden illness.

Senate President Pro Tempore Marvin York said the loss of Garrett is ""a loss to the entire state. The news of Sen. Garrett's death saddens all members of the Senate. I have great appreciation for his accomplishments and long service to his community, city and state.''

Garrett, 64, graduated from the University of Oklahoma Law School in 1942 and had been a practicing attorney in Del City since 1953.

After serving as a municipal judge in Del City from 1962 to 1965, he was elected to the state Senate, where he served until 1976. Garrett served as chairman of the Committee for Mental Health and the Criminal Jurisprudence Committee during his terms.

He was appointed at that time by then-Governor David Boren to the Oklahoma Tax Commision and served as vice chairman until last year.

Garrett is survived by his mother, Mrs. Robert Veirs of Oklahoma City; a brother, E.E. Garrett of Oklahoma City; a sister, Mrs. Charles White of Dallas; two daughters, Carolyn Pool and Connie Cantrell, both of Del City; and six grandchildren.

Funeral services will be Saturday at 10 a.m. at Bill Eisenhour Funeral Home in Del City.

A memorial scholarship has been established in the his name at Oscar Rose Junior College, a school Garrett was instrumental in establishing while senator.

Obit of Carolyn (Garrett) Pool:
    http://legacy.newsok.com/obituaries/oklahoman/obituary.aspx?pid=159845762

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    25Kingman49 likes this.
  8. RSwank

RSwank Well-Known Member

Obit of Connie Ann (Garrett) Cantrell

Connie Ann Garrett Cantrell

CANTRELL

Connie Ann nee Garrett, born December 8, 1943, died November 23, 1996, after a brave struggle with cancer. Beloved wife of Jerry Cantrell; mother of Cynthia Matthews Brown, Carolyn Matthews Spraul, and Larry and Steven Cantrell; and sister of Carolyn Garrett Pool. She will also be greatly missed by her 3 adoring grandchildren and many loving family and friends. She will be remembered forever as a devoted and caring teacher by the many students whose lives she touched throughout her distinguis hed career, first as the founder of a Montessori preschool, then as an instructor at Rose State College. In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the American Cancer Society Memorial Program, 4323 N.W. 63rd, Suite 110, OKC 73116 or call 1-800-733-988 8 or 843-9888. Services will be 3:00 p.m. Tuesday at the Hahn-Cook/Street & Draper Chapel.

25Kingman49 likes this.
  9. RSwank

RSwank Well-Known Member

Susanne, Carolyn Matthews Spraul is on facebook, now living in IL.

I will PM you some contact info for her and for a son of Carolyn (Garrett) Pool.

25Kingman49 likes this.