Stele for Sgt Kingsland and " Belle Ringer " crew .

Discussion in '491st BG - Metfield & North Pickenham' started by Raphaël, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Raphaël

Raphaël Member

March 12 , 2016 my project to pay tribute for Sgt Kingsland and " Belle Ringer " crew was realised .

By means with a small committee and authorities of the small village of Florée in Belgium , Ms Pamela Kemp niece of Sgt Kingsland died during the crash inaugurated a stele on the scene of the drama .

My numerous researches had allowed me to find many details to make a small exposure on this subject , and my Friend Edouard Reniere representative of the Eighth Air Force in Belgium and Contributor of the site "American Air Forces in Britain " published datasheets
    http://www.americanairmuseum.com/person/140382

Panneau K Kingsland version finale en RVB light.jpg
    DSCN0006 comp.jpg DSCN0015 comp.jpg DSC_0650.jpg

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  2. Raphaël

Raphaël Member

Article on the 8th AF News .
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Thanks Raphael,Floree is in the vicinity of Ciney.

Raphaël likes this.
  4. B-24 Best Web

B-24 Best Web Member

Raphaël and Airwar like this.
  5. Raphaël

Raphaël Member

Thank you Jaap and Daniel .
    A big thank you also to Scott , especially for the 2 documents , the service card completed by Kenneth is a wonderful remember .

I share an interview of Lt Seymour Eisenstat navigator , he explains his service and the circumstances of the accident by specifying that it is the Sgt Kingsland who protected him and saved life .
    media-20298.png
    http://www.greenburghpublicaccess.com/veterans-living-history/12032015-762

25Kingman49, Big Chudy and Airwar like this.
  6. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Raphael a photo of Sgt Kingsland wife

Attached Files:

Raphaël likes this.
  7. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

8. Raphaël

Raphaël Member

Great photo Jaap , Dorothy was a nurse, she remarried and had a girl who said that her mother had really never made Kenneth's mourning , and for her death in 1950, she wanted to be buried with her medals ( Unfortunately for the kingsland family ) .

Mrs Pam Kemp who inaugurated the stele is the Merle Bixby's daughter , the Kingsland's family invited me this summer at their home in the USA , it will be a fabulous trip for me and full of emotions .
    They gave me a lot of Kenneth's photos .

numérisation0010.jpg

Airwar likes this.
  9. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

I had the same experience with Americans who visit me in Holland. I receive a lot of invitations
    to come over to the USA,but never did. With young children and my own company there was no time.
    Now all are passed. I wish you a very special time in the USA.

Raphael was her daughters name ; Dorothy Bugiel Kingsley ?

Raphaël likes this.
  10. Raphaël

Raphaël Member

Yes Jaap it seems that it was its maiden name Dorothy Bugiel .
    I have no more details about her .

Raphaël .