1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. The forum archives, past and present, were successfully transferred to the Heritage League of the Second Air Division. Two conditions were agreed upon; 1) all user email addresses would be protected, and 2) all private messages would remain private. On Dec 1st, the AAF domain will convert to a simple landing page to stay out of spammer hands.
    Dismiss Notice

Stele for Sgt Kingsland and " Belle Ringer " crew .

Discussion in '491st BG - Metfield & North Pickenham' started by Raphaël, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Raphaël

Raphaël Member

March 12 , 2016 my project to pay tribute for Sgt Kingsland and " Belle Ringer " crew was realised .

By means with a small committee and authorities of the small village of Florée in Belgium , Ms Pamela Kemp niece of Sgt Kingsland died during the crash inaugurated a stele on the scene of the drama .

My numerous researches had allowed me to find many details to make a small exposure on this subject , and my Friend Edouard Reniere representative of the Eighth Air Force in Belgium and Contributor of the site "American Air Forces in Britain " published datasheets
    http://www.americanairmuseum.com/person/140382

Panneau K Kingsland version finale en RVB light.jpg
    DSCN0006 comp.jpg DSCN0015 comp.jpg DSC_0650.jpg

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  2. Raphaël

Raphaël Member

Article on the 8th AF News .
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Thanks Raphael,Floree is in the vicinity of Ciney.

Raphaël likes this.
  4. B-24 Best Web

B-24 Best Web Member

Raphaël and Airwar like this.
  5. Raphaël

Raphaël Member

Thank you Jaap and Daniel .
    A big thank you also to Scott , especially for the 2 documents , the service card completed by Kenneth is a wonderful remember .

I share an interview of Lt Seymour Eisenstat navigator , he explains his service and the circumstances of the accident by specifying that it is the Sgt Kingsland who protected him and saved life .
    media-20298.png
    http://www.greenburghpublicaccess.com/veterans-living-history/12032015-762

25Kingman49, Big Chudy and Airwar like this.
  6. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Raphael a photo of Sgt Kingsland wife

Attached Files:

Raphaël likes this.
  7. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

8. Raphaël

Raphaël Member

Great photo Jaap , Dorothy was a nurse, she remarried and had a girl who said that her mother had really never made Kenneth's mourning , and for her death in 1950, she wanted to be buried with her medals ( Unfortunately for the kingsland family ) .

Mrs Pam Kemp who inaugurated the stele is the Merle Bixby's daughter , the Kingsland's family invited me this summer at their home in the USA , it will be a fabulous trip for me and full of emotions .
    They gave me a lot of Kenneth's photos .

numérisation0010.jpg

Airwar likes this.
  9. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

I had the same experience with Americans who visit me in Holland. I receive a lot of invitations
    to come over to the USA,but never did. With young children and my own company there was no time.
    Now all are passed. I wish you a very special time in the USA.

Raphael was her daughters name ; Dorothy Bugiel Kingsley ?

Raphaël likes this.
  10. Raphaël

Raphaël Member

Yes Jaap it seems that it was its maiden name Dorothy Bugiel .
    I have no more details about her .

Raphaël .