1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. The forum archives, past and present, were successfully transferred to the Heritage League of the Second Air Division. Two conditions were agreed upon; 1) all user email addresses would be protected, and 2) all private messages would remain private. On Dec 1st, the AAF domain will convert to a simple landing page to stay out of spammer hands.
    Dismiss Notice

St/sgt Alfred W Larson and St/Sgt George S Layman

Discussion in '453rd BG - Old Buckenham' started by Dennis and Gerda, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Dennis and Gerda

Dennis and Gerda New Member

Hello everybody,

We are Dennis and Gerda from the Netherlands.
    we have adopted 2 soldiers of the 453rd Bomb Group.
    St/Sgt Alfred W Larson
    St/Sgt George S Layman
    They lost their lives on June 23rd 1944 when their plane crashed in the Netherlands in the area of Oost-Souburg.
    We have been able to locate the spot and even spoke to an lady who lives in the street were the plane crashed, she remembered here father telling her about the men who lost their lifes.
    We are trying to get as much as possible information about the men and the crash.
    Hope you can help us.
    We know they were first buried at a local Cemetery in Vlissingen. We have been there but at the Cemetery itself they couldn't tell us more about airmen who were buried there.
    If anyboy could help us for the MACR, we would appreciate it.
    Thank you.
    Dennis and Gerda

25Kingman49 and BMBazooka like this.
  2. RSwank

RSwank Well-Known Member

I can send you the 28 page MACR. I will need an email address. I would use WeTransfer to send it to you.
    Will PM(converstion) you my email address.

25Kingman49 and Dennis and Gerda like this.
  3. Lucky Partners

Lucky Partners Well-Known Member

4. 25Kingman49

25Kingman49 Well-Known Member

For other forum members wishing to help this is MACR 6232 for B-24H-1-DT-41-28619. MACR starts here on fold3 https://www.fold3.com/image/29400627 page 2 attached.

At least on 23 June 1944 this is the 2nd Lt John H G Raiser Crew, for purposes of hunting a photo and other data.

Attached Files:

Dennis and Gerda likes this.
  5. Dennis and Gerda

Dennis and Gerda New Member

That would be great, finding a photo of the crew.

6. RSwank

RSwank Well-Known Member

Dennis and Gerda likes this.