1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. I no longer have the time to manage a project like this, obviously, or give it the attention that it deserves. I still think fondly of the early days in 1998 when this all got started. A small, but eager group of tech savvy 1st and 2nd generation descendants made great friends with the last of the WWII veterans thru the newfangled internet. They're all gone now. It's time for me to turn the page. Thanks for being along for part of the ride. I'm sorry it got so bumpy in the end.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolf Frahn saved Allied flier

Discussion in '448th BG - Seething' started by Airwar, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Sgt Kane was beaten to death by members of the Volssturm and civilians at Neu-Wulsdorf, 5 miles East from Buxtehude.
    During the Dachau trials one of these criminals was sentenced to death by hanging and two others got 20 and 7 years imprisonment.
    In January 1946, Sgt.Kane was reinterred in the Margraten Cemetery Plot 3B-7-157 as X-2130
    Finally reinterred in Plot H-15-7.

Engineer of B-17G 3 42-31615 '' Snafusk Shamrock ''. MACR 6003

http://www.fieldsofhonor-database.c...war-cemetery-margraten-k/44622-kane-william-h

Jaap

2. BMBazooka

BMBazooka Well-Known Member

Jaap, which Dachau case is it?

3. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

4. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Nine Germans hanged at Lansberg , see also Hermann Dammann

Attached Files:

5. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

6. 25Kingman49

25Kingman49 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  7. BMBazooka

25Kingman49 likes this.
  8. 25Kingman49

25Kingman49 Well-Known Member

9. Padu

Padu New Member

Hello
    In the REPORT OF BURIAL from Sgt. William Kane I found following remarks:
    Cause of death: 1. Skull fracture. 2. Bullet wound, lower left chest. 3. Possible drowing (water in lungs).
    Other wounds: 1. Fracture of jaw. 2. Fracture of left maxilla. 3. Blood in uper left abdominal cavity.

Dammann, Böhrs and Brummer had abused W. Kane, but not Dammann shot W. Kane.
    A soldier from the near by "Fischbeker Kaserne" (Barracks) killed Sgt. William Kane.
    The mother of William Kane (Cecilia Gellen) was a German women from Weimar, his father
    Albert Kalne ( later in the USA the name without l) from Litavia. William Kane spoke very good German.
    His last words were: "Ihr Deutschen wollt es nicht besser haben." (Source: Hans Stöver, Hamburg-Fischbek)

I think it could be possible that in the case of Dan A. Wais also a REPORT OF BURIAL has information
    about his death.

Padu

Airwar, BMBazooka and 25Kingman49 like this.
  10. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Susanne will you send me an email at beervanvermeer@kpnmail.nl
    I receive an email from Hartwig Frahm and probably you will answer this email.

Jaap

11. BMBazooka

I have done so ;)