Rudolf Frahn saved Allied flier

Discussion in '448th BG - Seething' started by Airwar, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Sgt Kane was beaten to death by members of the Volssturm and civilians at Neu-Wulsdorf, 5 miles East from Buxtehude.
    During the Dachau trials one of these criminals was sentenced to death by hanging and two others got 20 and 7 years imprisonment.
    In January 1946, Sgt.Kane was reinterred in the Margraten Cemetery Plot 3B-7-157 as X-2130
    Finally reinterred in Plot H-15-7.

Engineer of B-17G 3 42-31615 '' Snafusk Shamrock ''. MACR 6003

http://www.fieldsofhonor-database.c...war-cemetery-margraten-k/44622-kane-william-h

Jaap

2. BMBazooka

BMBazooka Active Member

Jaap, which Dachau case is it?

3. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

4. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Nine Germans hanged at Lansberg , see also Hermann Dammann

Attached Files:

5. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

6. 25Kingman49

25Kingman49 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  7. BMBazooka

BMBazooka Active Member

25Kingman49 likes this.
  8. 25Kingman49

25Kingman49 Well-Known Member

9. Padu

Padu New Member

Hello
    In the REPORT OF BURIAL from Sgt. William Kane I found following remarks:
    Cause of death: 1. Skull fracture. 2. Bullet wound, lower left chest. 3. Possible drowing (water in lungs).
    Other wounds: 1. Fracture of jaw. 2. Fracture of left maxilla. 3. Blood in uper left abdominal cavity.

Dammann, Böhrs and Brummer had abused W. Kane, but not Dammann shot W. Kane.
    A soldier from the near by "Fischbeker Kaserne" (Barracks) killed Sgt. William Kane.
    The mother of William Kane (Cecilia Gellen) was a German women from Weimar, his father
    Albert Kalne ( later in the USA the name without l) from Litavia. William Kane spoke very good German.
    His last words were: "Ihr Deutschen wollt es nicht besser haben." (Source: Hans Stöver, Hamburg-Fischbek)

I think it could be possible that in the case of Dan A. Wais also a REPORT OF BURIAL has information
    about his death.

Padu

Airwar, BMBazooka and 25Kingman49 like this.
  10. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Susanne will you send me an email at beervanvermeer@kpnmail.nl
    I receive an email from Hartwig Frahm and probably you will answer this email.

Jaap

11. BMBazooka

BMBazooka Active Member

I have done so ;)