Report of Major Accident and Accident Report

Discussion in 'All Hands Club & Canteen Discussion Area' started by LAPIN RAPIDE, Sep 2, 2016.

1. LAPIN RAPIDE

LAPIN RAPIDE Member

Hello,

When there are no MACR how to get a Major Report of Accident or an Accident Report?

There is nothing on Fold3.

Thanks,

LAPIN RAPIDE

2. Lucky Partners

Lucky Partners Well-Known Member

Airwar likes this.
  3. Lucky Partners

Forgot to mention, in the past Accident Reports were available directly from the AFHRA at no charge. Last time I used that source was 7 years ago when they notified me that there would be a charge for future requests. See attached letter.

MAXWELL - a.jpg

Airwar likes this.
  4. LAPIN RAPIDE

LAPIN RAPIDE Member

Hello,

Thank you for your message.
    I know Craig Fuller but the downside is that its documents are often unreadable and completely blurred or illegible pictures.
    And besides, it pays ...

Regards,
    LR

5. Lucky Partners

As there is only one source for the original documents, the microfilms held by the AFHRA, if the copy from this source is blurred and difficult to read, then the same document from any other source will also be blurred and difficult to read. The hazards of this type of research!

You can try sending a request to the AFHRA but it is my understanding that they will just refer you to one of the commercial sources. But depending on your timetable you still might want to take that chance.

6. Lucky Partners

Another thought. Perhaps if you tell us which specific report you are seeking there is always the possibility that another Forum member might have that report in their personal files. Please tell us the aircraft serial number and the Bomb Group to which it was assigned. Name of the Pilot might also be useful.

7. LAPIN RAPIDE

LAPIN RAPIDE Member

OK thanks !

LR

8. Tex Longhorn

Tex Longhorn New Member

On the old site there was a member that was very knowledgable about accidents. He had written a book (or more). Not sure of his name or if he is still around.

9. 25Kingman49

25Kingman49 Well-Known Member

Tex,
    I believe you are thinking of Anthony J. Mireles author of "Fatal Army Air Forces Aviation Accidents in the United States, 1941-1945" (several volumes). Can't recall if Tony has come back to this variant of the AAF forum or not.

10. Tex Longhorn

Tex Longhorn New Member

You are correct!

11. Lucky Partners

Based on his previous threads I'm pretty sure our rapid friend is looking for something that happened in Belgium. He had previously been looking for an IDPF and then later for an X- file. Unfortunately there seems to be 3 or 4 threads about a similar situation but if he keeps posting them as separate questions it is very hard to follow. I know Rolland Swank has done a considerable amount of work on the earlier threads. I had hoped that LR would have provided the additional information I requested above but so far nothing.

Tony Mireles joined up with the reincarnated Forum back in December but thus far has not posted anything.

12. LAPIN RAPIDE

LAPIN RAPIDE Member

LR was hospitalized in emergency, wait.
    Thank you.
    His wife for LR

13. Anthony J. Mireles

Anthony J. Mireles New Member

Here I am. The OP can message me and I'll help if I can.