1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. I no longer have the time to manage a project like this, obviously, or give it the attention that it deserves. I still think fondly of the early days in 1998 when this all got started. A small, but eager group of tech savvy 1st and 2nd generation descendants made great friends with the last of the WWII veterans thru the newfangled internet. They're all gone now. It's time for me to turn the page. Thanks for being along for part of the ride. I'm sorry it got so bumpy in the end.
    Dismiss Notice

P.47 N° 42-28474

Discussion in '36th FG' started by JP Favrais, Nov 30, 2015.

1. JP Favrais

JP Favrais New Member

Hello
    I research the name pilot for the P.47 serial 42-28474 (No MACR) crash landing near of Dijon(FR) the 26 August 1944 Thank You Jean Paul

2. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Bonjour JP, Iam looking for the pilot but found a photo and unit,36th FG/ 23rd FS.

Jaap

Attached Files:

3. JP Favrais

JP Favrais New Member

Hi Jaap Thank you very much for the picture JP

4. Alex Smart

Alex Smart Active Member

Hello Jaap,
    Although I expect that you have this I put it up for info to help(?) Elimination.
    Detail from 8th& 9th Air force losses voel 4.
    28 August 1944
    P47D-26-RA 42-28424
    2Lt Robert M. Day, KIA
    MACR 8489
    This may account for there being no made for 42-28474, perhaps a Clerk somewhere thought he had already dealt with that P47 as the numbers were so similar ?
    But 404 Fg is way different from 36 FG.
    Date and serial number are both close to the info you give.
    Nothing in vol 4 that is close as far as I can see.
    For research it does have the following.
    36FG
    P47D
    1 July-30 Sept 44
    MIA = 26
    SAL = 17
    Total = 43

Good hunting
    Alex

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
    Airwar likes this.