No he is not an AIRMAN but he was my UNCLE and I was

Discussion in 'All Hands Club & Canteen Discussion Area' started by PA.Dutchman, Mar 14, 2017.

1. PA.Dutchman

PA.Dutchman New Member

I was recently able to share this story with a Journalist how I made contact with a man who held my UNCLE DONALD WEISEL as he died on their landing craft on Omaha Beach in their landing craft. I am including the photo it was in the article in our PRINTED NEWSPAPER BUT THEIR WEB PAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE PHOTO DONALD HELD UNTIL HIS DEATH. THIS LINK SHOULD TAKE YOU TO THE STORY, THE FILE IS TOO LARGE TO POST. One of the members of this forum ARRANGED TO VISIT MY UNCLES FINAL PLACE OF REST AND NOW IT IS VISITED BY VOLUNTEERS WHO ARE ON A WAITING LIST TO ADOPT THESE HERO'S FINAL PLACES OF REST. The Journalist is on vacation now however he finished this first and had it published. When he comes back he is going to do more about the WONDERFUL FRIEND WHO HELPED OUR FAMILY AND OTHER FOLKS IN HOLLAND, FRANCE ETC who WILL NEVER FORGET OUR HERO FAMILY MEMBERS.

http://www.mcall.com/opinion/white/mc-w ... story.html

PS. I WAS ABLE TO SCAN THE STORY TO A JPEG AND POST IT HERE FOR YOU NOW. A man from Holland I met on the Internet is an active member of a WWII HISTORY GROUP. Jaap Vermeer in involved with families and groups who adopt the FINAL RESTING PLACES OF ALLIED AND AMERICAN TROOPS WHO DIED FREEING EUROPE INCLUDING HOLLAND. Jaap was able to contact a group in FRANCE AND NOW A FAMILY HAS ADOPTED MY UNCLE DONALD'S FINAL RESTING PLACE. I was not happy and was very troubled BECAUSE WHEN JAAP SENT ME THE PHOTOS OF DONALD FINAL PLACE OF REST we had people who relocated to the USA stealing the FLAG HOLDERS OFF AMERICAN SERVICE VETERANS GRAVES IN OUR CITY AND IN PHILADELPHIA MORE THEN 365 WAS STOLEN SOLD TO SCARP METAL DEALERS, some of them were turned in by the dealers. In America/Pennsylvania we have special designs for each WAR AND THE VETERANS WHO DIED IN THAT WAR. SOME OF THESE FLAG HOLDERS WERE/ARE FOR MEN WHO FOUGHT THE BRITISH TO WIN OUR INDEPENDENCE OTHERS BELONG TO MEN WHO DIED IN THE AMERICAN CIVIL WAR AND BOTH WORLD WARS AND KOREA. THE RELOCATIONS HAD/HAVE NO HISTORY OR APPRECIATION FOR ALL THOSE WHO DIED FOR THEIR FREEDOMS HERE IN AMERICA AND THE FREE WORLD. It wasn't always this way HOWEVER AMERICAN HISTORY ISN'T TAUGHT MUCH ANYMORE. It was in my own 3rd GRADE CLASS ON 12/7/1956 I learned my father was at HICKAM THE MORNING OF THE JAPANESE ATTACK ON 12/7/1941 our teacher read an interview and then left out the name. She said BOY AND GIRLS THAT YOUNG AIR MAN'S SON IS IN OUR CLASS TODAY AND IT IS YOU GREGG. That night was the FIRST TIME HE EVER TALKED ABOUT THAT MORNING WHEN HE LOST 2 DEAR FRIENDS LESS THEN 5 MINUTES INTO WWII. I say this without hesitation because I volunteered 4 years in our local ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS. On the ANNIVERSARY OF THE JAPANESE ATTACK ON 12/7/1941 NO ONE MENTIONED ANYTHING IN THOSE SCHOOL OFFICES OR CLASS ROOMS UNTIL I MENTIONED WHAT 12/7/1941 MEAN TO AMERICA AND OUR ALLIES IN WWII.
    I have included a photo of MY GREAT FRIEND FROM HOLLAND AND HIS LOVELY WIFE who are still serving the VETERANS OF WWII WHO NEVER CAME HOME. GOD BLESS THEM AND THEIR GROUPS.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Airwar likes this.