1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. I no longer have the time to manage a project like this, obviously, or give it the attention that it deserves. I still think fondly of the early days in 1998 when this all got started. A small, but eager group of tech savvy 1st and 2nd generation descendants made great friends with the last of the WWII veterans thru the newfangled internet. They're all gone now. It's time for me to turn the page. Thanks for being along for part of the ride. I'm sorry it got so bumpy in the end.
    Dismiss Notice

Memorial Lt. James Parker, 394th FS

Discussion in '367th FG' started by Olliball, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Olliball

Olliball New Member

Lt. Parker was KIA on Sep. 16th, 1944 over Belgium.

2. 25Kingman49

25Kingman49 Well-Known Member

3. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

4. 25Kingman49

25Kingman49 Well-Known Member

Jaap's link in post #3 translates well using "Chrome browser"; Two pilots were killed this day in this mid-air collision inside cloud-cover.

2nd Lt Charles Page crashed on the hill Groumont. A monument was erected near the crash site for him as well. "DEAD FOR PEACE" perfect epitaph for any airmen.
    2nd Lt. Charles F Page  Monument Page.JPG

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    Benedikte Gijsbregs and Airwar like this.
  5. PLsearch

PLsearch New Member

6. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

PLsearch,you are doing a wonderfull job to research the crashes in the Ardennes. So Thank You for your help and very good website.

Jaap

7. Benedikte Gijsbregs

Benedikte Gijsbregs New Member

8. Olliball

Olliball New Member

Very moving article Benedikte. Thanks a lot.

Below a picture of Lt. Charles Pages whose P-38 collided with James Parker's P-38. This pictures comes from the Year book of Williams Field, class 44B.

Charles_Pages_44B_Williams_Field.JPG
    Olliball

9. Benedikte Gijsbregs

Benedikte Gijsbregs New Member

Thank you so much for sharing the picture of Charles F Page.