Media/Mac Compatibility?

Discussion in 'All Hands Club & Canteen Discussion Area' started by ke4itp, Apr 30, 2017.

1. ke4itp

ke4itp New Member

So I am thinking there is some sort of incompatibility problem between the Media section of this website and Mac computers. I am able to create a Media Album, but unable to upload images. This was true when I was running the Yosemite OS X and is still true since I upgraded to the El Capitan OS X. I have no problem uploading from my old HP running Windows XP. Also I have no problem uploading to the Forum section with my Mac. Any words of wisdom?

2. Lucky Partners

Lucky Partners Well-Known Member

Borrowed a friend's Mac, uploaded photo to your album, absolutely no problem. Whatever problem you are having is clearly at your end.
    Only "words of wisdom" I can offer are the same as I offered in your previous thread, upload the pictures from your HP and be done with it.

Airwar and 25Kingman49 like this.
  3. ke4itp

ke4itp New Member

Eureka! I unchecked the Preference "Use Flash-based uploader to upload attachments" and I can now upload images to my album! Now I want to change who can add to my album from Everyone to Owner, but I do not know how to do that other than starting over. Thanks a million to Lucky Partners for helping convince me the problem was at my end.
    By way of clarification, the problem was with my Profile Preferences on this website not at my end (computer).

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  4. Lucky Partners

Lucky Partners Well-Known Member

Whew! Thank goodness! I will now delete the photo I uploaded this morning so you can upload it under your name. I have no idea how to change the 'everyone' to 'owner' but since you've now got everything working properly you just might want to start over although I see no problem with leaving it as is. Your call, your comfort zone.

Another thought, if you have a photo editor on your computer you might want to crop off some of the white space around your photos, Glenn Stell in particular, is almost half white space.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Airwar likes this.
  5. ke4itp

ke4itp New Member

FYI I created a new album with Owner adds only and moved the images from the old to the new album then deleted the old album. Also, I cropped the Glenn Stell photo using editing provided on the website Media.