Lt. John R. Tillman 361st FS

Discussion in '356th FG' started by Olliball, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Olliball

Olliball New Member

Hi,

I am looking for any picture of Lt. John R. Tillman who was KIA on August 18th, 1944 close to the town of Mouy, France.

I have his MACR but any other information + picture would be welcomed for the farmer who found Lt. Tillman's P-47 being shot at by the FW-190 and who saw the P-47 after the belly landing.

Olliball

2. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

3. Olliball

Olliball New Member

Thanks Airwar, I did not think to have a look at France crash web site.

4. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

5. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

6. RSwank

RSwank Well-Known Member

Based on Tillman's serial number it is "possible" that he was commissioned in December 1943, probably class 43-K. and probably in Texas. I quickly scanned through the class books at aafcollection.info but could not spot him in a 43-K, I may have just missed him as not all book photos are listed strictly alphabetically. The best photo would probably be in the class book for advanced training, but if he stayed on cycle, he could also appear in a 43-K for primary and basic training.

7. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

A Dutchmen has all classbooks and started to bring them on CD,so that everyone can research this.

Jaap

8. Olliball

Olliball New Member

Many thanks Airwar for the cieldegloire web site as well for the americanairmuseum website.

RSwank, yes, Lt. Tillman's ASN could be from a class 43 K graduated pilot. That's a good way of research. Thanks.