Looking for photos of two 391st BG B-26 Bombers

Discussion in 'Light & Medium Bombers' started by plane research, Jan 19, 2017.

1. plane research

plane research New Member

Do you have any photos of these two 391st Bomb Group B-26's?

1. 43-34337 of the 572nd Bomb Squadron named Homesick Pappy. The plane was lost on 24 Feb 1945 with the loss of the entire crew.

2. 44-67929 of the 574th Bomb Squadron. The plane was lost on 3 April 1945 with the loss of the entire crew.

Thank you.

2. Lucky Partners

Lucky Partners Well-Known Member

Airwar likes this.
  3. plane research

Yes I did try the University of Akron for photos of 44-67929 of the 574th Bomb Squadron and they could not locate any.

I emailed them recently asking for any possible photos of 43-34337 of the 572nd Bomb Squadron.

Thank you.

4. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Earl R. LaPan articles

Attached Files:

5. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

6. plane research

Thank you very much.

7. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

8. Mutley

Mutley Member

Hi "plane research".

I guess you know that 43-34337 is covered by MACR 12609 and 44-67929 is covered by MACR 13671!?

Did you also try the 2nd MHS (Marauder Historical Society) archive at Pima Air Museum?

Andrew Boehly has done a great job of archiving the information that didn't stay at Akron University, our first archive!

I will also search the photo file that I have found recently at another museum, but I think that is mainly of the earlier aircraft, pre Summer 1944!, not the 43-34XXX and 44-67/68XXX aircraft.

Get back to me via the forum, or via the MHS HQ if you wish, as I think we can help each other further and aid ALL 391st BG history, and researchers, with a little coordination!

Mutley. B-26 Marauder historian and B26 MHS director.

9. plane research

Thank you for the response. We have both of the MACR's for these two B-26's.

I will send you another message shortly.