1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. The forum archives, past and present, were successfully transferred to the Heritage League of the Second Air Division. Two conditions were agreed upon; 1) all user email addresses would be protected, and 2) all private messages would remain private. On Dec 1st, the AAF domain will convert to a simple landing page to stay out of spammer hands.
    Dismiss Notice

Location of the B-24 fuel sight glasses in the forward bomb bay

Discussion in 'Heavy & Very Heavy Bombers' started by Mike.Simpson, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Mike.Simpson

Mike.Simpson New Member

I'm working on a personal mission history of a 445th Bomb Group flight engineer for his grandson. The family has provided a personal log of his missions and his account of the 4 Apr 45 attack on the Me 262 airfield at Perleberg, Germany has a wealth of details. On bomb run, an 88mm round goes through the port wing and knocks down the left main gear. The engineer is concerned about a hole in the left wing tanks, so he goes to check the fuel level in the wing tank.

I'm trying to get a visualization of where the sight glasses would be located in the B-24. I don't want to wait until the Collings Foundation B-24 comes to AZ in April.

2. terveurn

terveurn Active Member

rear bulkhead - pilots side -- item 26

cockpit.JPG fuel.JPG

3. 25Kingman49

25Kingman49 Well-Known Member

4. Mike.Simpson

Mike.Simpson New Member