Jack W Kaiser 1st ACG Glider Pilot then Pilot

Discussion in '1st ACG' started by Mel Lawson, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Mel Lawson

Mel Lawson New Member

Please, anyone with information on Jack W "KEISER" (with"E" not "A") originally from the Northwest in Oregon for Washington State and eventually Lynchburg Virginia as well as West Virginia, and married to Dorothy Keiser in Nash County North Carolina. he had a son named Jack W Keiser Jr. who was a paratrooper in Nam after his father. Jack flew a glider in operation thursday after graduating in late october 43 from glider school and transferring straight to indiaas a flight officer. by August of 43 he was the recipient of a field Commission to second lieutenant in the 319th troop carrier squadron commando.

any information on this intrepid pilot would be most appreciated. I am putting together as much of his history as possible.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  2. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

3. Mel Lawson

Mel Lawson New Member

forgive me guys, the title says erroneously Jack W "Kaiser" ....but the actual message I left has the proper spelling which has an E in the name "Keiser" instead of an A and this is correct!

Jaap , we think alike, I already took that route to try to get in touch with that gentleman but I could not find anythingbecause the email address left on the 319th troop carrier squadron info page, which you left me, is no longer a good email address and is only return to sender. thank you so much for taking the time to help me out in this important endeavor,and please, if anyone can ascertain another Path of deriving information, I would be in great gratitude to you, God bless and happy birthday to Christ.

4. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Mel Iam looking in my archive for Over the Hump articles,

Jaap

5. Mel Lawson

Mel Lawson New Member

Thanks Jaap, I admire and commend your commitment to such diligence in maintaining the records of those used by our Lord to crush the Tyrants who would have enslaved us all to the whims of the most malevolent Tyrants of them all (no I am not talking about the same thing happening right now in America from within, but WWII). I will try and locate a new link to the 319th historical society as well.

6. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Article of John " Jack " W.Keiser

Jaap

Attached Files:

7. Mel Lawson

Mel Lawson New Member

Jaap,
    you have been most kind and most helpful my friend. I did a little research into the guy and this is not the jack we are looking for. Jack's name is Jack William Keiser. Thank you so much buddy. there was an article I have not found yet, regarding his service during his flight training as a glider pilot. It was a Lynchburg Virginia paperand the article was in 1943 from what I heard.

Blessings to you and yours Jaap

8. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Mel, a good book is the C-47 Skytrain Units of the Pacific and CBI by David Isby.
    Mike Welch is the president of the Troopcarrier Assn. michael.m.welch@boeing.com
    Probably he has more information. Having blessing Christmas days.

regards from Holland, Jaap

9. Mel Lawson

Mel Lawson New Member

Gentlemen,
    I found that Jack William Keiser was definitely assigned to the 319th troop carrier squadron commando, as he is definitely on the APO mailing roster for the 319th troop carrier squadron commando comprised for those already active in the CBI theater in India as of September 1, 1944 which of course verifies his assignment after glider pilot school in October 1943, to the 319th troop carrier squadron. I have his insignia from the CBI including his glider pilot wings both bullion and anodized silver. I am still looking for information on this individual regarding his first orders to join the 319th troop carrier squadron, I think that would be pretty awesome to track all his assignments after being assigned to the first ACG and operation Thursday. I sent a request to the national archives in December 2015 and have heard nothing. Just keeping the flame burning for him in case someone digs something new up. Thank you for all your efforts gentleman and all you do to help those who steward over these tiny monuments to history and the men who passed through it.

Airwar likes this.
  10. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Mel, glad to assist you.

Jaap