1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. I no longer have the time to manage a project like this, obviously, or give it the attention that it deserves. I still think fondly of the early days in 1998 when this all got started. A small, but eager group of tech savvy 1st and 2nd generation descendants made great friends with the last of the WWII veterans thru the newfangled internet. They're all gone now. It's time for me to turn the page. Thanks for being along for part of the ride. I'm sorry it got so bumpy in the end.
    Dismiss Notice

Internees in Switserland

Discussion in 'Prisoners of War, MIA, & Internees' started by Airwar, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

2. 25Kingman49

25Kingman49 Well-Known Member

3. terveurn

terveurn Active Member

25Kingman49 likes this.
  4. 25Kingman49

25Kingman49 Well-Known Member

5. BMBazooka

BMBazooka Well-Known Member

6. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Hard to Get

Attached Files:

7. Milos

Milos Member

Among 15AAF Escape statements there is lot of those from airmen who were interned in Switzerland.
    This gives contemporary and detailed look into situation.
    There were men in Switzerland who were openly pro-Nazi (even in mid 1944). But overall speaking they were in minority.

8. Darin Scorza

Darin Scorza New Member

I have yet to read the initial article, but I don't think it mentions how Bob Morin's pilot, Stuart Goldsmith and his bombardier made their "escape" from the Swiss?
    http://www.458bg.com/crew55goldsmith.htm.

9. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

10. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member