INFO

Discussion in '379th BG - Kimbolton' started by one1, Sep 10, 2016.

1. one1

one1 New Member

Does any one have the current email address or other contact info for Michael P. Hart former 379th Bomb Group Assoc. VP And Treasurer?

2. Raphaël

Raphaël New Member

3. cody1947

cody1947 Member

I posted your request on several facebook pages and even PM'd a former President of the association. His response was that even when he tried to contact Mr Hart there was no reply from his former E-mail address.

4. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

5. Lucky Partners

Lucky Partners Well-Known Member

Have you tried the email address at the bottom of the home page of their web site? mike@379thbga.org

But somewhere in the foggy recesses of my brain I have this nagging feeling that I read somewhere that the Association was disbanding.

Have you checked their Facebook page?
    https://www.facebook.com/friendsof379th

Airwar likes this.
  6. one1

one1 New Member

Thanks guys. I'm going to give this up as a lost cause.
    I just need to find to a nice way to tell my friend In Belgium that maintain Lt Kusy's
    Memorial that no one from the 379th will be attending the anniversary memorial.

7. cody1947

cody1947 Member

The 379th BG Association has closed it's doors to operations. All files have been donated to the Mighty 8th museum in Pooler, Ga. Money was set aside for upkeep of the website for awhile and some money was given to a school in Kimbolton for upkeep of memorials there. There are many websites dedicated to the Legacies of the Airmen & Aircraft of the 379th BG and many facebook pages.

8. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

He can ask if the Belgian Airforce will be there with the ceremony.
    In Holland the Dutch Airforce having their own '' Historical Flight'' bringing salute to memorials all over Holland.
    He can also send a requist to the American Ambassy if the Military Attache will be there.

Attached Files:

9. one1

one1 New Member

They always have representatives from the US Air Force, Belgium Air Force along with local Dignitaries. The ceremony is very well attended.
    Too bad no one from the 379th will be in attendance.

10. cody1947

cody1947 Member

There are but a few of the 379th BG Veterans left and none of them can travel great distances without assistance. Also many of the relatives(like me) are getting too old to travel very far as well. Most of us are over 70+ years old. Plus, I can't speak for the others but I live on a fixed retirement income that barely supports my survival needs. I would be there in a heart beat despite my medical needs if it were feasible and affordable.
    When I had a plaque unveiling at the Mighty 8th Museum, I had it arranged for those who could not make to view it live over the internet and we all could talk with one another. It was like a group meeting. It was so simple that even I could set it up and do it. We support you all and your efforts in heart and spirit but that is all some of have left to give time and this new America leaves us without much support for those who served the most for freedom!

11. one1

one1 New Member

Cody,
    I understand what you are saying and appreciate your reply. My friend that takes care of the Memorial is also aging along with the rest of the "crew". I need to ask if they have any younger people that participate in the upkeep of the Memorial. Hopefully the Memorial will be taken care of for many many years to come.