Hickham articles

Discussion in '11th BG' started by Airwar, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

2. PA.Dutchman

PA.Dutchman New Member

Thank you so very much. I would have missed this, I found a WWII WEB SITE that focuses mainly on our Allied Troops in the PACIFIC. Because my father's 11 TH BOMB GROUP HEAVY SERVED IN THE PACIFIC they have welcomed me with OPEN ARMS. I am posting his INTERVIEW ON 12/7/1956 and how I learned in my 3 RD GRADE HISTORY LESSON MY FATHER WAS AT HICKAM ON 12/7/1941. Since I retired in the 4 years I volunteered in our LOCAL AMERICAN ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS NO ONE MENTIONED PEARL HARBOR DAY UNLESS I BROUGHT IT UP, and I DID EVERY YEAR. (PS I HAVE MY STORY IN A LARGE FILE EASIER TO READ BUT TOO LARGE TO POST, IF YOU PM ME YOUR ADDRESS I CAN SEND IT TO YOU IF YOU CARE TO READ IT.)

Attached Files:

Airwar likes this.
  3. PA.Dutchman

PA.Dutchman New Member

I gave up trying to contact this group a year or so ago. I told them I have many documents, photos and information about the 11 th BGH on 12/7/1941 and through the war in the PACIFIC THEATER. I tried again just now, NO ONE EVER CONTACTS ME. I know when I made contact with my father's unit he had documents they were trying to find for years, including his story in his own recorded voice. I wrote them again, soon I maybe gone like the men I had made contact with who my father trained at Hickam in 1943 when they came back for more Bombers and Crews.

Attached Files:

Airwar likes this.