1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. I no longer have the time to manage a project like this, obviously, or give it the attention that it deserves. I still think fondly of the early days in 1998 when this all got started. A small, but eager group of tech savvy 1st and 2nd generation descendants made great friends with the last of the WWII veterans thru the newfangled internet. They're all gone now. It's time for me to turn the page. Thanks for being along for part of the ride. I'm sorry it got so bumpy in the end.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum Closeure

Discussion in 'All Hands Club & Canteen Discussion Area' started by Alex Smart, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Alex Smart

Alex Smart Active Member

OMG,
    How has it come to this ?
    From what Scott say's he has reached an age in life when other things become more important than a web forum.
    If the reason is something other than that , perhaps costs of the running of the forum or the rectifying of the problems, then maybe the members could all put up ?
    For whatever the case, I for one will miss the forum greatly and the great contacts made with ALL members over the years, I do hope that somehow we can all keep in toutch by email or perhaps on line in other forums.
    To end,
    Scott, THANK YOU FOR THE LIFE YOU GAVE TO THIS FORUM,
    we will miss you and the almost daily contact to the forum.
    Good luck
    Enjoy the rest
    Alex

2. taildragger85

taildragger85 New Member

Thank you Scott for all your effort and work.

Steve G

Airwar likes this.
  3. jamar

jamar New Member

It is like a day without sunshine! Thanks for the ride Scott. All the best to you.

taildragger85 and Airwar like this.
  4. Big Chudy

Big Chudy New Member

Hello Scott,

Thank you so much for all of your time & hard work that you put into this awesome site.
    It will be missed.
    Take care.

Andrew Gaitan

taildragger85 and Airwar like this.
  5. Gordon Buck

Gordon Buck New Member

Sorry to read of the closure. Thanks for your efforts and also thanks to the many contributors.

Airwar likes this.