1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. I no longer have the time to manage a project like this, obviously, or give it the attention that it deserves. I still think fondly of the early days in 1998 when this all got started. A small, but eager group of tech savvy 1st and 2nd generation descendants made great friends with the last of the WWII veterans thru the newfangled internet. They're all gone now. It's time for me to turn the page. Thanks for being along for part of the ride. I'm sorry it got so bumpy in the end.
    Dismiss Notice

Everett Anthony (97BG/414BS) and John Wilson (97BG/???BS)

Discussion in '97th BG - Amendola' started by Mike Woodworth, Jan 21, 2016.

1. RSwank

RSwank Well-Known Member

Mike I posted his obit on my prior post after you responded. I am pretty sure he is the same guy.

2. MSgt M

MSgt M New Member

Here is a squadron patch for your information.

Attached Files:

3. nitronada

nitronada New Member

I confirm that Antony Everett (EMI) and John Wilson were shot down over Udine, Italy, on March 18, 1944.
    The aircraft : B17F 42 30462 97th BG 414th BS ( Loving's crew) and the MACR 3521 .
    My father was eyewitnes of this. The complete crew bailed out and plane, hit, break in three parts, and crashed down over the town, the engine fell into a house. The crew was captured and they were held in different European Compound. In the old forum on Armyairforces.com in the last 2012 and since the 2015, I wrote about these operation (Villaorba and Udine bombing 18/03/1944) and (info about B17F 42 30462 crashed 18/03/1944 Udine). But on the new site, I don't Know were filled now the old forum.

Airwar likes this.