1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. The forum archives, past and present, were successfully transferred to the Heritage League of the Second Air Division. Two conditions were agreed upon; 1) all user email addresses would be protected, and 2) all private messages would remain private. On Dec 1st, the AAF domain will convert to a simple landing page to stay out of spammer hands.
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Aircrew Roster now at www.b24.net

Discussion in '392nd BG - Wendling' started by bobbooks, May 3, 2016.

1. bobbooks

bobbooks New Member

http://b24.net/resrchrs/CLL Website.pdf is now active with all 3,914 airmen listed with the missions and aircraft they flew.

This monumental effort has 79,308 line entries. Be patient as it takes a few seconds to load.

Our research staff continue to update this site. If you would like to help by supporting our efforts to remember the history and legacy of the men and women of the 392nd Bomb Group of WWII, then join us by going to: http://www.b24.net/392nd/join.htm

Last edited: May 6, 2016
    Lucky Partners and BMBazooka like this.
  2. Lucky Partners

Lucky Partners Well-Known Member

Bob,

"Monumental effort" indeed!! Great work, thanks for sharing.
    Notice Navigator Lt E. J. Abrams shows as PN on December 11, 1944, wonder what that was about. All sorts of interesting things can show up when you dig into these things.
    Thanks again.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  3. BMBazooka

BMBazooka Well-Known Member

I have worked with the rooster in the last hours doing research on the killing of three downend airmen of the 392nd.
    Its a marvellous job you have done! How I wish that this had been done for the 460th BG!

4. bobbooks

bobbooks New Member

I have often said, “If I knew when I started 18 years ago how much time and effort this simple project of honoring my father would morph into, I would have never started”

All it takes is time, perseverance, a low IQ and a person like Annette to join the effort and keep you going.

Mark Twain said it best, “All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.”