1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. The forum archives, past and present, were successfully transferred to the Heritage League of the Second Air Division. Two conditions were agreed upon; 1) all user email addresses would be protected, and 2) all private messages would remain private. On Dec 1st, the AAF domain will convert to a simple landing page to stay out of spammer hands.
    Dismiss Notice

carpetbagger photo archives

Discussion in 'Heavy & Very Heavy Bombers' started by ian ford, Dec 24, 2016.

1. ian ford

ian ford New Member

Hi all.
    A quick question on the 801/492 bomb group website.
    I know that the mission reports are on the FTP site. With the sad passing of tom enseminger a few years back is there anyway to access the site?, does anyone have a password?, i can get some information from the crew details and spies , supplies and moonlit skies volumes 1.2 &3 but still missing some reports.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated to mop up the missing mission reports
    Thanks for looking
    Ian Ford

2. Lucky Partners

Lucky Partners Well-Known Member

Ian,
    Another Forum member has had good success using one of the archive sites like this one: https://archive.org/
    I've never tried it and am not sure exactly how it works but if all else fails maybe give it a try.

3. 25Kingman49

25Kingman49 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  4. ian ford

ian ford New Member

Thank you, will look into it

5. RSwank

RSwank Well-Known Member

Ian, what reports specifically are you looking for, can you give some examples? I was in communication with Ensminger before he died and was reporting to him a series of broken links. I know he had moved some files around to different directories but did not correct the page links.

I had a method of finding some of the things I wanted by "guessing" some of the links.

I had ftp access but it no longer works. He did seem to control that section of his site pretty well. I don't think anyone is maintaining the site or even responding to e-mails. He may have left some money just to keep the site online.

25Kingman49 likes this.
  6. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Ian I have a few books about this Operations and SOE Operations as well,

Jaap

7. ian ford

ian ford New Member

take me a little while to sort out which reports im short of, and try to post here, but mostly earlier, pre Harrington reports, Tom in his excellent work spies, supplies and moonlit skies volume 1 was very thorough with all details except take off and landing times.
    Thanks for the reply

8. ian ford

ian ford New Member

Thanks Jaap

9. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

articles

Attached Files:

10. Luc Vervoort

Luc Vervoort New Member

Ian,

Which mission reports are required ?

Best regards

Luc

11. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

12. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

13. ian ford

ian ford New Member

Hi Luc,
    Sorry about the long time replying, work and family pressures.
    most of the details i require i can get off the spies supplies and moonlit skies books or crew roster.
    what i am short of is some of the departure times or return times for the missions , after April 1944 its easy with operations log .
    Im after the take off times for the following mission reports
    066, 069, 071,089,093,094
    after that i still have to sort out but well behind on my work on this
    Thanks again on this
    Ian Ford

14. ian ford

ian ford New Member

Hi Luc
    Just been going through the available reports i have, missing quite a few for example in the first 200 mission reports im missing MR066,069,071,076,
    079,080,081,094,099,108,109,110,113, 115, 128,129,131,132,145,148,162,166,167,169,170,179,185,188,189,196.
    As you can see quite a few, for what i need the information for as mentioned in my last post i can get most of it off the carpetbaggers website and spies supplies and moonlit skies.
    As much as a complete set of mission reports would be handy i can work around them just looking for take off times for the following mission reports
    066, 069, 071,089,093,094,132. After these the Harrington operations log helps greatly.
    Thanks
    Ian Ford

15. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

16. ian ford

ian ford New Member

Dear Jaap
    Thanks for all the great links you have posted. I knew most but didn't know a few of the videos. Much appreciated
    Ian Ford