Captain Simms Crew

Discussion in '497th BG - Saipan' started by intregs22, Oct 28, 2015.

1. intregs22

intregs22 New Member

Hello Everyone,
    It's good to see the website back up and running. My grandfather Thomas M. Bromley was a gunner attached to Captain Simms crew and flew a majority of his missions in "Our Baby" B-29 , A-10 , S/N:42-24597. I have pictures of the whole crew, pictures of "Our baby" as well as B-29, V-30 on the flightline, crash pictures of what appears to be the tail of B-29s V-1 and A-9 S/N: 42-63463 (Skyscrapper II). I also have an in-depth journal from October 27th, 1944 to July 16th 1945. My grandfather is still alive at 90 and I would love to see if anyone else has relatives who were part of the 497th Group or have any more information then I already have on my grandfather. Thanks Again!

Mike, Active Duty USN

Attached Files:

Scott Burris likes this.
  2. Snigley

Snigley New Member

My uncle was an air gunner in the 497th, 869th Squadron with the Hanley crew on American Maid. That being said he apparently flew on numerous planes.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  3. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Mike an article of your grandfather found,

Jaap

Attached Files:

4. Karen Kuske

Karen Kuske New Member

Mike,
    My dad, Robert Spring, was in 497th Bombardment Group, 73rd Bomb Wing, stationed on Saipan. He is still living at age 92. I have his diary which I posted on another website: http://b-29.org . . . . look under 73rd Bomb Wing in navigation on left side (diary of a 73rd Bomb wing tail gunner).
    plane.jpg b29caaf 2.jpg

Airwar and 25Kingman49 like this.
  5. 25Kingman49

25Kingman49 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Karen Kuske and Airwar like this.