1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. I no longer have the time to manage a project like this, obviously, or give it the attention that it deserves. I still think fondly of the early days in 1998 when this all got started. A small, but eager group of tech savvy 1st and 2nd generation descendants made great friends with the last of the WWII veterans thru the newfangled internet. They're all gone now. It's time for me to turn the page. Thanks for being along for part of the ride. I'm sorry it got so bumpy in the end.
    Dismiss Notice

C-47A-85-DL, 43-15613, c/n 20079.

Discussion in 'Combat Cargo, Troop Trans., Ferry, & Gliders' started by Trond Eriksen, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Trond Eriksen

Trond Eriksen New Member

This C-47 was delivered to USAAF 24th april 1944 equipped as a Troop Carrier. Delivered to 9th AF 23rd may 1944. Then this C-47 disappears from any papers or books (have kooked through all three volums of Air Britain) until it is registered 1st january 1948 at Industrihafen Air Base in Germany as stored. Recieved to the Norwegian Air Force and their 335 sqd in 1950.
    Can anyone help us to establish what this aircraft did during the war? Which squadron or group did it serve? All we know is the project number 92694R. grateful for any help or info.
    Trond Eriksen at: 335skv.historie@gmail.com

2. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Trond, probably Cato Guhnfeldt can help you with more information. Cato is the Military Historian
    of the Norwegian Airforce.
    catoguhn@online.no

regards Jaap

3. 25Kingman49

25Kingman49 Well-Known Member

4. Lucky Partners

Lucky Partners Well-Known Member

According to the FAA N62103 was never assigned to this aircraft. N47GW was assigned to this aircraft but was cancelled in 1983. No further registration appears in the FAA database for this a/c so either it was exported, wrecked, or scrapped. At the time it was owned by Golden Isles Air in Ft. Lauderdale. Most likely it was either an island-hopper doing freight or passengers around the Caribbean, or was a mosquito bomber.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Airwar likes this.
  5. Trond Eriksen

Trond Eriksen New Member

Thank you for your suggestions. I have a historycard for this aircraft, contacted Cato Ghunfeldt with no joy. We know in detail the life of this aircraft before and after WW2. Must be an american reseacher out there who is an expert on WW2 aircrafts?

6. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Trond you can also tried the Forsfarsmuseet in Oslo or the Norwegian Airforce museum in Gardermoen Airport

7. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member