1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. The forum archives, past and present, were successfully transferred to the Heritage League of the Second Air Division. Two conditions were agreed upon; 1) all user email addresses would be protected, and 2) all private messages would remain private. On Dec 1st, the AAF domain will convert to a simple landing page to stay out of spammer hands.
    Dismiss Notice

Aircraft crashes Belgium

Discussion in 'Ground Commands, Stations, & Bases' started by Airwar, May 30, 2017.

1. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

2. pathfinder504

pathfinder504 Active Member

They left out the loss of 42-100981 at Kortijnen on 17SEP44.

Raphaël likes this.
  3. terveurn

terveurn Active Member

Also missing B-17G 42-32007 that crashed on 4 March 1944 at La Chaussée (3.5 miles north from Charleroi), Waloon Region - Belgium (50°30'0"N / 4°26'24"E)

Raphaël likes this.
  4. Raphaël

Raphaël Member

Luchtvaartgeschiedenis is a good site with details for the crashes , But the list is far from being complete. I am aware that it is impossible to describe all the crashes.
    Belgium counts almost 3000 cities or villages. I do research for many accidents and I few to assert that almost every village was affected by a plane crash allies or German .

Airwar likes this.
  5. PLsearch

PLsearch New Member

Luchtvaartgeschiedenis is really a good site containing a lot of informations. It is sure that it is very difficult to have a complete list. In addition, it is very difficult to have correct informations about many crash sites. The MACR and/or IDPF are not allways accurate and the surviving eyewitnessesses are sometimes, today, telling different stories about the supposed same crash.

Raphaël and Airwar like this.