72nd Airdrome Squadron, 1st Air Commando Group, 10th AAF

Discussion in '1st ACG' started by Randy O. Bowling, Nov 1, 2015.

?

Need roster of 72nd Airdrome Squadron, WW2 in CBI Theater of Operations

1. Any.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Comment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Randy O. Bowling

Randy O. Bowling New Member

I am attempting to locate ANY MEMBER, SPOUSE, CHILD, GRANDCHILD, any FAMILY MEMBER OR ANYONE ELSE WHO KNEW MEMBERS OF THE 72nd Airdrome Squadron, 1st Air Commando Group, 10th AAF in India, Burma, China in WW 2.

My only contact was the late MG John R. Alison, Jr., Commanding officer of the 10th AAF in the CBI.

There were many of these members were Jewish. Need roster of members of this squadron. Dad's best friend was a Jewish Boy named Johnny ??????? from New York State. We are from Arkansas, native to Van Buren County, Clinton, & Culpepper Community.

Please Respond to <bowling.ro.1313@gmail.com> or to Randy O. Bowling P.O. Box 711, Greenbrier, AR 72058-0711 or in care of the Van Buren County, Arkansas Museum @ Clinton, Arkansas 72031.

I'm owner of Ark. Gas & Electric, Inc. d/b/a Flying Tigers Electric & Plumbing; Greenbrier, AR 72058-0711

Thanks much,

s/Randy O. Bowling
    U.S. Public Health Service
    1979-1980

R.O.B./

2. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Hi Randy,

I found something on the MACR's but I dont know if this is you looking for. On the MACR's are sometimes
    lists of family of the crashed airmen. Als on Find a Grave there is information or on the the website of the
    National WWII Memorial : www.wwiimemorial.com
    I can send you some MACR's and probably this is what you looking for. Then I can help you with you further research.

kind regards,

Jaap Vermeer MDE
    beervanvermeer@kpnmail.nl