1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. I no longer have the time to manage a project like this, obviously, or give it the attention that it deserves. I still think fondly of the early days in 1998 when this all got started. A small, but eager group of tech savvy 1st and 2nd generation descendants made great friends with the last of the WWII veterans thru the newfangled internet. They're all gone now. It's time for me to turn the page. Thanks for being along for part of the ride. I'm sorry it got so bumpy in the end.
    Dismiss Notice

467th BG Reunion - 2017 Washington DC

Discussion in 'Reunion Annoucements' started by peterDuck, Mar 27, 2017.

1. peterDuck

peterDuck Member

The 467th BG Association is delighted to announce the 2017 reunion of the 467th Bombardment Group (Rackheath Aggies) will be held in Washington DC this year. Please mark the following dates:

14-18 September 2017

The venue is the Hilton Garden Inn, Arlington/Courthouse Plaza. Reservation details and program/schedule will be posted as soon as information is finalized. We very much look forward to seeing the familiar faces of our vets (and families), as well as any (and all) newcomers, very soon.

Until then.......all the best

2. peterDuck

peterDuck Member

Here are the details for the upcoming 467th BG Reunion, plus a little announcement from the Associations President...

".....Five years ago, it looked as if we were ‘toast,’ as an organization, but several individuals stepped forward then, and in the time since, to serve in Director and officer position, and in less formal roles ‘without titles.’ It is clear that we all encourage one another, and still have energy and focus to persist as an organization. While we have reluctantly adjusted to the inevitable loss of the veterans and their spouses—the youngest WW II veterans are now 90 years old— we have also been blessed to have substantial numbers achieve that age and considerably more.

We are excitedly filling in the small details for our upcoming reunion in DC, anticipating that some of the vets will still be able to attend, hale and hearty. We know this will not last too much longer, but are delighted we can still say that, and are committed to making the most of our time with our heroic, authentic "Rackheath Aggies". In 2012, we would not have presumed to be in this wonderful position today.

Our association persists because significant numbers of people in our ‘family’ value the history we share. Our ways of doing this will continually evolve, while our gratitude for, and pride in those who served in the 467th Bomb Group only gets stronger......
    "

Attached Files:

3. peterDuck

peterDuck Member

Our Reunion has just wrapped up and I thought I'd share this photo. Pictured in this photo are our veterans that attended and our special guests. From left to right, are :

Major General Thomas Bussiere - Commanding General 8th Air Force (our guest speaker)
    Joseph Zbikowski - Pilot 790th BS
    Joseph Haenn - Mechanic 789th BS
    John "Jack" Weyler - Pilot 791st BS
    John "Will" Nodin - Navigator 791st BS
    Major Krisalyn Vaughn - Aide to Thomas Bussiere
    Alan Boling - Command Master Sergeant

Gen-sm.jpg

*It should be noted that Joe Haenn (third from left) is 100 years old. Smart "as a whip" and doing great.

Bomber Command and Airwar like this.