1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. I no longer have the time to manage a project like this, obviously, or give it the attention that it deserves. I still think fondly of the early days in 1998 when this all got started. A small, but eager group of tech savvy 1st and 2nd generation descendants made great friends with the last of the WWII veterans thru the newfangled internet. They're all gone now. It's time for me to turn the page. Thanks for being along for part of the ride. I'm sorry it got so bumpy in the end.
    Dismiss Notice

43-37848 SCRAPPY MIKE

Discussion in '92nd BG - Podington' started by Genesatoria, Jan 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Bonjour Jean Marc,

Three articles about Lawrence,

Ou voir, Jaap ( Les Pay-bay )

Attached Files:

2. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

3. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

4. JEAN MARC SIMON

JEAN MARC SIMON New Member

Hello Airwar, Thank you for your research. I will copy the 3 documents of the newspapers that you sent me, concerning the stelae I already have and the pictures of the crosses.
    Thank you very much.
    cordially
    Jean Marc

5. JEAN MARC SIMON

Hello Gentlemen;
    I wanted to tell you about my research. Everything went very well, I found the complete record of Scrappy Mike with some information about the crew. The niece of the pilot Lawrence Brechbill sent me the file she had on her Uncle. You will see some of my finds on my blog.
    Http://charmanetoverlord.skyrock.com
    I also own the picture of crew members I just miss Thompson but I'm happy with my finds, it's been 3 months since I was on and thanks to people like you I succeeded
    I wanted to thank you by putting one of the photograph of the pilot of the B 17 "Scrappy MIke"
    Thanks to all
    Jean Marc

6. JEAN MARC SIMON

7. Chuck Cline Jr

Chuck Cline Jr New Member

Jean Marc,

My wife is the granddaughter of Maxwell Hartline. We have some photos and other basic info. Are you still looking for info? Would you be willing to discuss what you've found? The family doesn't know much and I've been starting to look for info, to include a picture, but with no luck. its nice to see that this flight crew isn't forgotten.

Chuck

Airwar likes this.
  8. JEAN MARC SIMON

Hello Chuck,
    Of course I am interested in a discussion between us to share your information and mine.
    Contact me
    Jeanmarcbebert@sfr.fr
    cordially
    Jean Marc
    I have information about the group but the life of the crew not much. News about Lieutenant Brechbill yes I have.
    Mr Hartline, I have nothing at all it would be an honor for us to have information from you.

9. JEAN MARC SIMON

Bonjour à tous
    Voici la photo de B17 qui m'a envoyé la fille du sergent Hartline.
    Merci à elle
    Jean Marc
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Raphaël likes this.