1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. The forum archives, past and present, were successfully transferred to the Heritage League of the Second Air Division. Two conditions were agreed upon; 1) all user email addresses would be protected, and 2) all private messages would remain private. On Dec 1st, the AAF domain will convert to a simple landing page to stay out of spammer hands.
    Dismiss Notice

410th or 411th FS, 373rd FG P-47 photo, summer 1944

Discussion in '373rd FG' started by Andrew Arthy, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Andrew Arthy

Andrew Arthy New Member

Hi,

For an article I'm writing, could anyone please share with me a publishable photograph of a P-47 from either the 410th or 411th Fighter Squadron, 373rd Fighter Group, from the period June-August 1944? Any help would be appropriately credited, and would, of course, be greatly appreciated.

All the best,
    Dr. Andrew Arthy

2. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

3. Bschiefen

Bschiefen New Member

My father served as a pilot in the 411th I doubt he was there in the summer of '44. My best guess is he arrived in late fall. Did you write the article?

Bill Schiefen

4. Andrew Arthy

Andrew Arthy New Member

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. We did write the article, and it focuses on one of the German pilots in combat with the 373rd Fighter Group in the summer of 1944.

All the best,
    Andrew A.

5. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Hi Andrew,I found some articles. There are more if you like,

Jaap

Attached Files:

Andrew Arthy likes this.
  6. Andrew Arthy

Andrew Arthy New Member

Hi Jaap,

That's some interesting stuff, thanks. I wasn't previously aware of that source.

Cheers,
    Andrew A.

7. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Andrew I found more articles. I can scan them for you,

Jaap

Andrew Arthy likes this.
  8. Andrew Arthy

Andrew Arthy New Member

Hi Jaap,

Thanks! If you have the time, that would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Andrew A.