1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. I no longer have the time to manage a project like this, obviously, or give it the attention that it deserves. I still think fondly of the early days in 1998 when this all got started. A small, but eager group of tech savvy 1st and 2nd generation descendants made great friends with the last of the WWII veterans thru the newfangled internet. They're all gone now. It's time for me to turn the page. Thanks for being along for part of the ride. I'm sorry it got so bumpy in the end.
    Dismiss Notice

2Lt. Hurd, James A - O- 2069374

Discussion in 'All Hands Club & Canteen Discussion Area' started by Alex Smart, May 17, 2017.

1. Alex Smart

Alex Smart Active Member

Hello,
    Re the loss of this airman, 2Lt. James A. HURD, O- 2069374.
    Killed in action on 25th February 1945 whilest a Bombardier aboard B25J 43-4000 .
    He is not in the ABMC lists.
    On "findagrave" it does have details. Which are-
    Born- 1923. This would make him 22years old in 1945 ?
    (I could only find two James A. Hurd's on Fold3 apart from the MACR but neither one seemed to fit this airman).
    "Burial at Oak Dale Cemetery, Urbana, Champagne County, Ohio."
    Again in the section marked "Plot" there are no details.
    So is this just a memorial or is he actually buried at Oak Dale Cemetery ?
    Thanks for any further info on the resting place of 2Lt. Hurd.
    Alex

2. RSwank

RSwank Well-Known Member

Alex, when you look at the graves of his parents, they also don't have any plot info. I don't think you can read anything into lack of details for the "Plot".

He is not listed on the dpaa "still missing" list.

3. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

4. Alex Smart

Alex Smart Active Member

Hello,

Thank you for the swift responses, so it can be said that he is actually buried in the USA.
    An IDPF would confirm date recovered and returned to USA.

Thanks
    Alex