1. The AAF forum will close permanently on December 1, 2017. I no longer have the time to manage a project like this, obviously, or give it the attention that it deserves. I still think fondly of the early days in 1998 when this all got started. A small, but eager group of tech savvy 1st and 2nd generation descendants made great friends with the last of the WWII veterans thru the newfangled internet. They're all gone now. It's time for me to turn the page. Thanks for being along for part of the ride. I'm sorry it got so bumpy in the end.
    Dismiss Notice

1st. Lt. Norman Menaker B-24H 42-7604 "Clay Pidgeon"

Discussion in '445th BG - Tibenham' started by Hartmann Dirk, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Hartmann Dirk

Hartmann Dirk New Member

Hello,

need your Help !!! I`m looking for all Information`s about the Loss of 1st. Lt. Norman Menaker and his Crew. The B-24H 42-7604 was lost on 09. March 1944 after Misson at Brandenburg /Germany. The Aircraft was hit over Hannover City, all Men bailed out and the "Clay Pidgeon" went down near Gehrden 1o Kilometres south of Hannover City.
    Every Information about the Crew and all Circumstances are welcome....

Best Regards

Streak98

2. Lucky Partners

Lucky Partners Well-Known Member

Three pages from MACR attached. There are no post-war statements by crew members so details are minimal.

42-7604 - 1.jpg 42-7604 - 2.jpg 42-7604 - 3.jpg

3. Hartmann Dirk

Hartmann Dirk New Member

Hi Lucky Partners,

Thank you for these Information !!!.. I wonder that I didn`t found any about the Crew or the Mission to Brandenburg...

Greetings Streak98

4. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Target Brandenburg,Germany. Crew baled out after FLAK had set fire to the No.3 engine.
    Crashed at 13.25hrs, 2.000yards NW of Gehrden.10 POW.

Jaap

5. Mike.Simpson

Mike.Simpson New Member

Actually this plane was received from another bomb group where it had been named Clay's Pidgeon. Once assigned to the 445th, the apostrophe and the letter 's' were painted over.

Airwar likes this.
  6. B-24 Best Web

B-24 Best Web Member

7. Wild Blue

Wild Blue New Member

Hello Streak98
    I may have access to information about Lt. Menaker. Can you tell me the reason for your inquiry?

8. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

9. Hartmann Dirk

Hartmann Dirk New Member

Good Morning Wild Blue,

Thanks for your Interest about the Loss of the Lt. Menaker Crew. My reason is following; Due to Report of an older Man, he was Eyewitness of the crash in Gehrden when B-24H 42-7604 comming down. Gehrden is close to my home and I investatigate Aircraft Losses which took Part in WW II since 1985. Due to the Eyewitness I had locate the crash site very exactly.

Hoping that helps you a little bit.

Have a nice Day and many greetings

Streak98 (Dirk)

10. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

11. Hartmann Dirk

Hartmann Dirk New Member

Good Morning Airwar,

Thanks for these Information`s about Lt. Menaker, especially the Photo....it was my first Picture of him.

Greetings Streak98 (Dirk)

12. Airwar

Airwar Well-Known Member

Gutenmorgen Dirk,

I shall look for more information,

grusse aus Holland, Jaap