RE: B-17F 42-3167
According to Roger Freeman's "The B-17 Flying Fortress Story", B-17F 42-3167 was first assigned to the 306th BG/423rd BS on 19 April 1943 and then transferred to the 379th BG/527th BS on 17 June 1943. On 16 April 1944, it was returned to the U.S. to Homestead (likely Homestead AFB, FL). Then, to the RFC at Altus (likely located near Altus AFB, OK) on 11 August 1945 for scrapping. It was named "YE OLDE PUB".
Hope this helps.
David Schmitt email@example.com
son of 1st LT Donald J. Schmitt, USAAF, co-pilot
assigned to 493rd BG/863rd BS at Debach, England
from Nov 1944 thru May 1945