Re:565th Signal Aircraft Warning BN / 156th Aircraft Control and Warni
The 565th Signal Aircraft Warning Bn was activated 30 Mar 1942 at Drew Fld, FL, moving to Australia in June of that year. It served at Port Moresby, New Guinea Biak, and was at Clark Fld, Luzon and the East Mabalacat Airstrip in 1945. On 24 May 1946 it was redesignated the 156th Aircraft Control & Warning Group and alloted to the National Guard. It was activated on 11 Feb 1947 at O'Hare Apt, IL and assigned to the 66th Fighter Wg until 31 Oct 1950, when the wing was inactivated and it was assigned to the Illinois ANG. It was called to active duty in Sep 1951 and briefly assigned to Tenth AF, then moved to Selfridge AFB, MI where it was assigned to Eastern Air Defense Force until inactivating 6 Feb 1952. It was active again by Feb 1973 in the Rhode Island ANG at Cranston as the 156th Tactical Control Group. On 1 Apr 1976, it was redesignated the 281st Combat Communications Group at Coventry ANGS, RI.
Push the stick forward, the houses get bigger. Pull the stick back, the houses get smaller (unless you keep pulling -- then they get bigger again)